Welcome to the Area Two EQ Assembly for 2019
Area Two would like to thank all staff, students and families who joined us for the presentation of our EQ Assembly.
We know that taking the time to practice mindfulness daily helps us become more present in the moment. In addition to helping us concentrate, mindfulness can also help us avoid staying stuck on past problems, while encouraging us to be better positive detectives.
As part of our assembly, we shared a book called 'Happy'. This book shared a number of different strategies we could use throughout the day to become more mindful.
- Mojo: I use a body scan to help me be more mindful when I am feeling nervous or anxious.
- Connie D: Mindfulness helps me calm myself down and get things done more respectfully. Also working together with people. Some strategies I use are Getting a drink of water, or counting in my head, sometimes I think of things that make me happy. Thank-you.
- Charlie: It Helps Me Calm Down When Im upset.
- Tyler W: It help me to clam down when I am angry
- Jaida H: When I get stuck on my work I get angry so I do some mindfulness
Please wait a few hours for your comments to be moderated. Once approved, your comment will appear below.
Previous Area Two Assemblies
Fergal is Fuming
Area Two would like to share the story 'Fergal is Fuming' with you. After watching, you might like to share a think pause strategy with us using the form below.