- Discuss the Waste Ban story with another student. Record the main points of your discussion.
- How much food gets thrown away each year in Australia?
- About how much is that food worth?
- 8 Million
- 8 Billion
- 80 Billion
- Why are some fruit and vegetables rejected by shops?
- What percentage is rejected?
- Describe what France is doing to tackle the problem of food waste.
- What does Oz Harvest do to help reduce the amount of food
being thrown away?
- Brainstorm a list of things you could do to help reduce food waste at home and at school.
- Should Australian supermarkets be forced to donate their waste food to charities? Why or why not?
- How has your thinking changed since watching the BtN story?