This term the senior school is undertaking a unit on the human body which will include six sessions on puberty, health and sex education. Throughout the topic students will be learning about:
- The parts of the body, including key terminology relating to the reproductive system.
- How babies are conceived, their development and birth as part of the human lifecycle.
- Male and female specific changes which occur during puberty.
- The importance of maintaining good personal health and hygiene
- Exploring relationships, identifying the qualities of a positive and destructive relationships, and where to get help if needed.
- Gender and stereotypes.
Puberty Education - Parent and Student Information Evening
We will be running a parent information evening in the same term we teach this content. An old copy of the Parent Information Evening Note is available. Please come back soon for an updated copy.